The FOPS greatest accomplishment is that, working together, we have helped, and will keep on helping, men affected by Prostate Cancer (also known as 'Tiger Cancer') turn themselves away from their personal precipices and get their lives back together.
Our primary aim is to seek ways and means to help more of those who are treading the long, and sometimes very lonely, road that we have already experienced, so that they can forever banish the clouds of despair and once more feel the sunshine.
1) Raising awareness of the help and support FOPS can offer to those diagnosed with aggressive prostate cancer with our Support Group meeting monthly at the Junction Chorleywood. Hence we are now establishing a network of FOPS willing and able to offer one-to-one support both before and after treatment.
2) Raising awareness of the prostate, in particular its malfunctions and their manifestations by PSA testing Roadshows and talks given to other local charities and groups.
3) Our FOPS Council of some fifteen active Councillors meets regularly and minutes are posted on this website. The Council organises the Roadshows and is involved in encouraging other communal activities, including those where our Macmillan sponsored Gazebo stands proud and we can raise awareness of the pros and cons of annual PSA and DRE testing for all men of fifty and over.
4) Raising awareness of the pros and cons of annual PSA and DRE testing for all men of fifty and over.
5) Raising awareness and directly funding specific research projects establishing why cancers develop within the prostate and how best to prevent them.
At the FOPS Support Group we all have at least one thing in common - we've all had prostate cancer a... Read more...
We can't do it without your Support! - You can make a donation to The FOPS at one of our events or support groups. Alternativly, please contact our team to arrange a donation via cheque or bank transfer.