The PROSTATE ROADSHOW organised by the FOPS on 2nd June at Chorleywood Memorial Hall was a RESOUNDING SUCCESS
IF you came along - THANK YOU - We hope you found it worthwhile and we also hope to repeat the event for those who forgot or who have had the word passed on and would like to benefit
If you want to find out more about the risks and likelihood of YOU having prostate cancer, or have any concerns PLEASE CONTACT US
If you have any history of prostate cancer in your family it is even more important you contact us.
FORMAT OF EVENING - for information - LADIES get your men to register
- Please Register by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org - give your name and contact tel - 230 places only - partners welcome
- Doors officially open at 6.30pm but we can take early birds from 6pm if necessary.
- You will have to register on entry and sign a consent form before taking the blood test. You will also be given an information pack on entry.
- Light Refreshments will be available
- Blood testing will start immediately
- Between 7 and 8 pm there will be short talks and "entertainment" about prostate cancer and the procedure for blood testing and feedback. This will be very informative and well worth hearing. There will be questions at the end.
- We will attempt to keep it as light hearted as possible.
- MC to welcome attendees and generally control proceedings
- Bob Arthy (FOPS chairman) will explain what the FOPS are all about
- Alvan Pope and Julian Shah (FOPS President and Vice President respectively) are local Consultant Urologists and will talk about the prostate and its possible effects
- David Baxter-Smith ( a Consultant Urologist from Kidderminster Prostate Cancer Support Group) will then explain the process of blood testing and managing feedback. David has many years of experience of evenings like this and we are very grateful for him for coming to help our local men.
- Graham Fulford runs the Fulford Trust which provides financial support for prostate sufferers. He and David work closely together. Donations will be very welcome to support this cause. We are equally grateful for Grahams support and to John Poole from Kidderminster PCSG who had liased with us and given us ideas and material to promote this evening.
- There will be time to talk to the FOPS and other attendees after the presentations. If you have any concerns please dont hesitate to talk to us. You can also contact us at any time via this web site.
Feedback is also very welcome as we will hopefully hold more evenings like this.
Anyone wishing to help out on the night please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com